The internationally oriented postgraduate study programme Master of Science "Marine Geosciences" promotes the latest state of marine geosciences and technology
It enables graduates to create and critically assess scientific results and to plan, carry out and evaluate ship and laboratory projects on their own responsibility. Emphasis is placed on current marine and climate issues, which are under investigation by the federal marine research institutions in Bremen and Bremerhaven. The interdisciplinary character of marine geosciences is mirrored by a topic-centred course structure. The courses strongly emphasize the understanding and modelling of processes and dynamics in natural systems. The multidisciplinary nature of marine geoscientific research, the application of up-to-date scientific instruments and computer software play an important role in teaching methods and topics.
Applicants should have explicit interest in marine geosciences and be highly motivated. A Bachelor in a geoscientific discipline (or a comparable qualification) and very good command of the English language are required. Independence and team work ability, thorough practice of information technologies as well as intercultural competence complete your profile.
With their scientific, technical and vocational skills, graduates are excellently prepared for a variety of jobs:
• Marine geoscientific research at universities, research centres or authorities
• Coastal management (water management, coastal protection, monitoring of sediment movements etc.)
• Exploration and exploitation of resources (oil, gas, ore, building materials) off shore or at sea
• Consulting on coastal or marine engineering projects such as harbour construction or the set up of off-shore wind power farms
• Public relation management for companies and institutions
• Science writing, museums and discovery tourism
• Science management at (inter)national level
Category: Academic Studies
Certificate: Master of Science
Aimed at: Graduates
Federal State: Bremen
University of Bremen