The unique concentration of world-class marine research institutions in the Federal State of Bremen provides the basis for the new M.Sc. Programme in Marine Biology which utilises both the expertise and the state-of-the-art research infrastructure for a progressive education of a new generation of marine scientists.
The M.Sc. Programme Marine Biology offers:
- 2-year full-time course with a high proportion of practical classes.
- Qualification as Master of Science (M.Sc.).
- Maximum of 20 study places per year.
- Teaching in English language.
- Training in state-of-the-art methodologies by leading research teams.
- Specialisation according to personal interests with a wide choice of specialist courses.
- Lab-rotation in different university departments and associated research institutions.
- Field-trip, excursion or even the opportunity to participate in research expeditions
- Flexibility to take courses at universities abroad.
Graduates may continue their academic career as a Ph.D. student at the University of Bremen or at one of the associated research institutions. Employment opportunities for Marine Biologists exist in research and development, in the fishing and aquaculture industry as well as in the environmental conservation and management sector at governmental agencies or within NGOs and IGOs. Marine biologists also work at museums, zoological gardens, and aquaria. Additional employment opportunities for marine biologists include adjacent fields such as media (i.e. scientific journalism), eco-consulting, environmental impact assessments, and eco-tourism business. Marine biologists are also employed in the commercial and industrial sector, for instance for "Blue Biotechnology", coastal zone management and the sustainable use of marine resources.
Category: Academic Studies
Certificate: Master of Science
Aimed at: Graduates
Federal State: Bremen
University of Bremen