Virtual Early Career Ocean Professional Day (V.ECOP Day) | June 1, 2021
Register to attend!
V.ECOP Day is a 24-hour livestream event following the sun around the globe. Hosted by and for international Early Career Ocean Professionals from a wide variety of disciplines, these future leaders and experts will present their work, activities, and contributions to the UN Ocean Decade and explore what's next in this dynamic field.
V.ECOP Day will feature:
- Presenters from around the world covering a broad range of interesting topics via engaging formats (fireside chats, scientific presentations, dancing, live Q&As, poetry, and much more!)
- Ocean cinema featuring a captivating assortment of short and feature-length ocean and science videos and films
- Social and professional networking via themed chatrooms
- Exhibition hall hosting a number of organizations and projects
- Social media engagement and live wall feed – follow us on Twitter and Instagram @ #ECOPDay21
- Digital “swag bags” to keep after the event
- Translation services (English to French/Spanish, limited to certain time zones)
- Live technical support
- Fun virtual format
Whether early career, experienced, or considering joining the community, we cordially invite you to join us for this exciting virtual event. Bookmark this page and come back frequently for updates on our dynamic sessions.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter & Instagram and share our invitation with your friends and colleagues.
Final programm will be published here soon - stay tuned!
This official UN Ocean Decade Activity is organized by the German Marine Research Consortium together with the ECOP program and with the support of Fisheries and Oceans Canada and the EU Framework Program Research and Innovation.